Scouting ReportEVALUATED 07/04/2021
PROJECTION Fifth Round
Ryan St. Louis is the son of NHL Hall of Famer Martin St. Louis, but I would hate for that to be the only reason people talk about him and I also do not think that that will be the reason his name is called on draft day later this year. Ryan had a rather average year in his U17 NTDP season posting 22 points in 44 games played, but he already has 29 this season for the U18’s as per this writing. I have not gotten to watch the U17 games, but you can see the confidence with the puck that St. Louis has this season. He does not rush plays to just make them happen and shows a high level of IQ with the puck. His skating I would peg as above average, he shows great edge work and can separate from opponents with it. St. Louis always has his head up and is looking for the next pass when the play is developing. I have also picked up on lots of shoulder checking from St. Louis, but not just to find out where the pressure is, he seems to read the attacker, support and know where to escape too. Not to bring back in his dad, but you can see that kind of smarts comes from. He is not the biggest player, much like his dad, but he is one of the smartest on the ice. Ryan St. Louis will be a later pick in the draft, but there is a lot of potential here.
- League:USHL \
- Season:2022-23 \
- Games:23 \
- All data is in percentile form. If a player rating is 90, this means he is better than 90% of all players of the same position (forward or defense) in this stat in his specific league.
- Unless otherwise stated, all data is at 5 on 5 per 60 minute rates.
- Ratings for offense, defense and transition include more stats than listed on this player card.
- All data courtesy of In Stat.
COMMITTED: Northeastern 26/04/2018
SIGNED: U.S. National U18 Team 01/09/2020
- NCAA 100%
- Northeastern 100%
- 2019 05/06/2019 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada Draft Ryan St. Louis
- 2018 26/04/2018 Ryan St. Louis Verbally Commits To Northeastern